Role Title: Full Stack Engineer
Reporting To: Lead Engineer
Purpose of Role:
Develop products for the company’s digital portfolio, built in the Azure ecosystem. You will play a key role in developing, maintaining and improving key products that will enable global customers to measure their climate impact.
- Work collaboratively within one of the cross-functional product squads.
- Write clean, high-quality, well-documented code using an object orientated language (Frontend: React, Typescript, backend: NodeJS, Typescript).
- Perform regular code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, security, and adherence to company standards / industry best practice.
- Optimise the application’s performance and ensure its scalability.
- Gather requirements, provide technical expertise, and contribute insights to enhance the software solutions.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation, ensuring smooth collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improvement.
Key Skills/Abilities and Behaviours required for the Role:
- Strong proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Frontend: React, typescript, backend: NodeJS, Typescript). Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience developing on Azure, knowledge of additional Azure components is a plus (Azure DevOps, Azure DF, Power BI, Synapse, etc.).
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform) would be preferred but not essential.
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Experience in complex multi-product data driven companies is desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with charities, NGOs, or similar organisations preferred.
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for the environmental and / or sustainability space will be an advantage.
React, TypeScript, NodeJS, Python, Synapse, Azure DevOps, Azure DF, Power BI, Cypress, Terraform
BCG X. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG X. GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.