Ad Sales Director
Location: Los Angeles, CA
found.ee, a Los Angeles-based Music Tech company (recently acquired by Downtown) seeks experienced Ad Sales Director / B2B Ad Sales Director to drive ambitious sales goals
found.ee is the leading marketing, advertising and data platform in the music industry, and it allows its users (primarily Record Labels, Promotions Companies, Artist Managers) to purchase intelligently targeted advertising, shorten and manage URLs, generate and understand remarketing audiences, and to help musicians and music companies grow their audiences.
This Advertising Sales position is responsible for generating advertising revenues from existing clients, turning existing free users into advertising clients, finding new advertising-customers, and must have the ability to support client-advertising campaigns to help ensure client happiness for repeat campaigns.
* Must have at least 2 years Advertising Sales and Ad Ops Experience, preferably in the music industry. Ad sales / Ad tech sales or ad agency backgrounds should definitely apply.
- Must have the three F’s: Focus, Follow-up, and Follow-through. Much of the rest below can be learned.
- At least 2 years experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably in ad sales / ad tech or advertising agencies. Music industry experience a plus.
- Strong relationships at music companies, but especially useful with digital marketing and advertising teams, a plus.
- Must have a proven track record of forging relationships.
- Ability to learn the features of a new platform quickly and communicate how those benefit the overall music space.
- Creative understanding of how music and media work together.
- Strong understanding of music marketing tactics.
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape is a plus.
- High level of professional communication etiquette with ability to effectively interact with clients at all levels of an organization.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload and effectively manage time.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Goal oriented.
- Great ideas and a fresh eye on the music business welcome!
- Music lover a plus!
- Focus: Make strides toward your specific goals every day. Stay on task, don’t get distracted.
- Follow up: Engage existing clients frequently. Our clients are busy with a million things on their plates. Your diligence and support when needed are critical.
- Follow through: Complete your tasks. Ideas are okay, but taking action, and executing your ideas is the difference between okay and great.
- Proactively reach out to clients about advertising opportunities and provide support offers.
- Provide sales ideas.
- Generate new leads and create a pipeline of new clients with detailed follow up.
- Attend events and gatherings to meet and build relations.
- Maintain day-to-day involvement with current clients/projects using the company’s services.
- Create materials to encourage prospective new clients.
- Set-up and perform product walk-throughs to onboard new clients
- Create and implement promotional and marketing campaigns for business development.
- Assist with newsletters, web postings, and social media information updates and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain relationships and look for growth opportunities.
Salesforce Or Similar ECRM
Gmail / Google Apps
Ability to communicate effectively on the phone, via email, and in person (again one day)
PowerPoint or Equivalent
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, found.ee does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
found.ee is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Any individual who can be reasonably accommodated for a job, without undue hardship, will be given the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The People Team is responsible for implementing this policy, including resolution of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship issues.
If you are a recruiter, please do not contact us with candidates for this position unless we have engaged with you to do so.