Adrev (part of the Downtown Music Holdings family of companies) is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses a CPA or equivalent accreditation, has 2+ years of public accounting experience, 1+ year of industry experience and thrives in a fast-paced and agile organization.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, all employees are working from home remotely. Employees should expect at least some attendance in the Sherman Oaks, CA office once it is safe to reopen (in line with state and local regulations).
- Own the timely and accurate completion of month-end financial close cycle, including:
- Develop accounting close workflows in partnership with broader accounting operations team.
- Preparation of balance sheet and statements of cash flow.
- Review of all individual company Balance Sheets and P&Ls and recording of inter-company allocations.
- Creation of supporting workpapers that can be shared with auditors at year-end.
- Assist the VP of Finance with global consolidation and income statement creation.
- Perform budget-to-actual analysis and explanation of variances
- Utilize GAAP knowledge to ensure financial statements are properly reflected including application of esoteric concepts such as: revenue recognition changes from ASC 606, purchase accounting, global consolidations, interest rate swaps, and foreign currency translation adjustments.
- Craft accounting memos related to complex transactions.
- Assist with implementing proper internal controls across the company.
- Assist the VP of Finance in creation of a formal FP&A function, including:
- Institutionalizing the annual forecasting process.
- The development and refinement of internal business models used to forecast growth drivers and effectively manage cash flows.
- Work with income tracking and royalties team to institutionalize revenue analytics.
- Complete additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure fluidity of annual financial statement audit.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
Desired skills and experience:
- Possess a degree in Accounting or related area of study
- Possess a CPA or equivalent accreditation
- 2+ years public accounting experience, preferably in a financial statement audit capacity. Experience in music royalties or other media royalties-based clients a big plus
- 1+ years of private accounting/industry experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal control standards.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, sumifs, and v-look ups are second nature for you. A big plus if you have skills with Excel macros, Power Query, Power Pivot, or Power BI
- Numerically obsessed, highly meticulous, and organized
- Accountable and take ownership of projects you undertake
- Analytical and curious -- you ask a lot of questions
- Ability to communicate financial information in a clear, professional manner
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a welcoming, driven team
- Collaborative, open, and inclusive culture
- Small, tight-knit and supportive team environment
- Rich benefit program (see below)
- Career growth opportunities
- Various industry association memberships
- Paid volunteer hours
- Profit sharing incentives based on company performance paid out on a quarterly basis
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (available the first month after hire)
- 401(k) participation with company match
- Life insurance funded by the company
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, Adrev does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of sex, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Adrev is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business and is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Any individual who can be reasonably accommodated for a job, without undue hardship, will be given the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The People Team is responsible for implementing this policy, including resolution of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship issues.