We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Application Services Director leading the Application Services Department.
*There is one position which can be filled remotely in California, or in any of our 3 offices (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, California).
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will:
- Provide strategic management oversight in implementing, directing and monitoring the Alliance’s Application Services Department functions
- Direct the Application Services Department, act as a subject matter expert, and provide executive level advice and guidance on application development functions and overall business operations
- Direct, manage and supervise Application Services Department staff
The Application Services department manages, develops, and integrates software solutions for the Alliance to ensure mission goals and regulatory requirements are processed efficiently, timely, and accurately.
The Application Services Director has strategic management of the following teams and their respective functions:
- Application Management (Core Systems)
- Application Development
- EDI Management
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Be a well-seasoned leader with expertise in application lifecycle management
- Have experience in large scale, enterprise software implementation (Claims, Care Management, ERP or CRM experience a plus)
- Be well-versed in application development best practices, including the design of reference architecture
- Enhance operations by establishing metrics, analyzing processes, and implementing standard methodologies and tools to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Operationalize the organization's strategic vision for enterprise applications and operational efficiency
- Have skill in reducing barriers and moving the work forward
- Be collaborative and a true team player, with strength in mentoring teams
- Be effective at managing priorities and deadlines and empowering teams to do their best work
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Methods and techniques associated with executing the full Application Management Lifecycle (ALM) & Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including analysis, technical design, development, testing, release, and support
- Software development processes
- Software and systems architecture development
- Promoting and applying change management principles
- Secure healthcare electronic information exchange, including protocol standards, messaging standards, data types and elements
- Healthcare web-based portal and mobile computing strategies for members and providers
- Ability to:
- Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
- Provide leadership, facilitate meetings, and partner with and guide managers and employees in the resolution of issues
- Act as a technical resource and explain complex laws, regulations, processes, and programs related to area of responsibility
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- Review and assess overall department function, core work, goals and structure, develop and implement short- and long-term planning to achieve strategic plans, and complete an annual department assessment
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- A minimum of ten years of experience related to application services and development and electronic data interchange, including a minimum of three years of experience in a healthcare environment and a minimum of three years of management-level experience (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid telecommute work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (ex: Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (ex: Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, take a look at our Fact Sheet.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.