We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as a part-time Project Specialist in the Communications Department. We are recruiting for one position and it can be filled in any of our three Alliance offices in California: Merced, Salinas or Scotts Valley.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Media and Content Manager, you will:
- Supports the project development lifecycle for communications projects
- Supports the development and implementation of projects focused on bringing awareness, alignment and consistency to Alliance communications
- Supports Communications Department leadership and staff in a variety of areas, including external relationships and communications activities
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Comms team at the Alliance are brand champions, working collaboratively to create relevant, effective and clear communications to support operational goals and promote understanding of our services for the populations we serve.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This is a highly administrative position.
This role will be involved in the coordination and finalization of the Alliance's Member Newsletters and Provider Bulletins and involves collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Is highly organized and excels in managing timelines and deliverables
- Can efficiently liaison between internal committees, external vendors, other Alliance departments, etc.
- Has some familiarity with using SharePoint
- Some familiarity with using Outlook 365 and is comfortable with high amounts of meeting scheduling
- Is attentive to detail
- Has strong interpersonal skills and can flex work style to meet others' styles
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here
- Knowledge of:
- Windows-based PC systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Basic project management methodologies and tools
- Methods and tools of meeting facilitation
- Ability to:
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects, identify relevant stakeholders, effectively prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines, and respond to changing priorities
- To identify issues, conduct research, gather and interpret information and data, identify issues of concern, and make logical recommendations for action
- Interact diplomatically with a wide variety of people, gather information from stakeholders, foster teamwork, and facilitate collaborative discussions
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity, anticipate needs, exercise resourcefulness in developing solutions, identify improvements to existing practices, and effectively adapt to change
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting communications activities, including the performance of some project coordination duties (or a Master’s degree and a minimum of two years); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully telecommute work environment right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview and on-boarding process for this position will be completed remotely
- This position may require onsite presence when our offices re-open, which will be no sooner than February 1, 2022. Onsite presence will most likely be on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business needs
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.