We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as an Administrative Assistant in the Claims Department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Claims Director, you will perform a variety of administrative duties in support of a function, program or department. You will provide administrative support to a work team, manager, and/or department director.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Claims Department supports Alliance members' access to care by ensuring medical services are paid to network providers accurately and on time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- General administrative procedures and standard business office practices
- Operating standard office equipment
- Proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and business correspondence format
- Meeting coordination and scheduling
- Windows based PC systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Basic principles and practices of project management
- Ability to:
- Develop thorough understanding of the roles, organization, policies and procedures of the department to which assigned
- Interpret, explain and apply processes, policies, and procedures
- Define issues, gather and interpret data, define options, and make recommendations for action
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines and administer competing operations priorities
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Schedule, support, and coordinate meetings, including agenda and minute preparation and distribution
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative support experience (an Associate's degree may substitute for one year of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully remote work environment right now due to COVID-19. The interview and on-boarding process will be completed remotely
- This position may require onsite presence when our offices re-open, no sooner than February 2022. Onsite presence will most likely be on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business needs
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.