We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Advanced Analytics Manager in the Analytics Services Department.
*This role is offered remotely to those residing in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Data Analytics Services Director, you will manage and lead advanced analytics, including population health, risk adjustment, stratification, and prediction, and performs program evaluation and provider benchmarking. You will collaborate with the Data Analytics Services Director, Clinical Leadership, and other stakeholders regarding short- and long-term analytic strategies. You will manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We use machine learning and advanced statistical methods to provide insights for strategic decision-making, including but not limited to predictive modeling, program evaluation, risk adjustment and stratification, and fraud/waste/abuse (FWA) detection.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Data visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- The principles and practices of a value-based healthcare environment
- Tools and techniques associated with designing, implementing and communicating population health or healthcare improvement studies
- Bayesian analysis and causal inference methods
- SQL or other data mining/manipulation tools
- Statistical software, such as SAS or R
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff
- Develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize Advanced Analytics activities
- Maintain team morale and objective leadership in a dynamic and high pressure environment
- Interpret and apply complex principles, policies, terms and procedures
- Define issues, interpret data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for actions
- Independently document, summarize and resolve complex issues
- Present strategic information, data and results in a clear and understandable manner utilizing methods appropriate to various forums
- Foster effective and collaborative working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Adapt to or initiate change
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Mathematics related discipline, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Public Health or a closely related field
- Minimum of six years of experience performing healthcare analytics which included analyzing and interpreting clinical data and leading projects related to population health or healthcare quality improvement, including a minimum of two years of experience leading or supervising analytics staff, (or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields described above and an additional eight years of experience performing advanced healthcare analytics may substitute for the Master’s degree); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Ph.D degree in Mathematics related discipline, Statistics, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Public Health or a closely related field
- Expert level of knowledge in predictive modeling and risk adjustment
- Thorough knowledge of statistical software, such as SAS, R or Python
- This position may require onsite presence when our offices re-open, which will be no sooner than February 1, 2022. Onsite presence will most likely be on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business needs
- This is a remote opportunity for Pacific and Mountain Time Zones
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.