ABOUT THIS TEMP POSITION
*There is one position which can be filled in any of our 3 offices (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas) or Remote in CA.
*This is a remote opportunity within California. In order to qualify for this role, you must currently reside in the state of California or plan to reside in the state of California at the time of starting this role.
This is a temporary position and the length of assignment is estimated to be 4 - 5 months. The length of the assignment is always dependent on business need and dates may change. While the assignment would be at the Alliance, if selected, you would be an employee of a temporary employment agency that we would connect you with.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Under limited supervision, you will develop and manage an individualized intervention plan for members referred into the Care Coordination program with the goal of promoting optimal, achievable outcomes in the most cost effective and appropriate manner; Work in conjunction with the interdisciplinary Care Coordination team to facilitate quality outcomes across the continuum by educating members, providers, external agencies, and internal departments and providing assistance in navigating the managed care system; Participate in Quality Improvement efforts, to continually evaluate the Care Coordination Program’s effectiveness and its quality driven, cost effective achievable goals and outcomes for Alliance members.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- The principles and practices of case management and coordination including assessment, care/treatment planning, discharge planning and documentation
- The availability and means of utilizing community resources for special services
- Medi-Cal and related policies and regulations
- Reporting methods for cases of abuse or neglect
- Ability to:
- Effectively interview members to determine their strengths, problems prognosis, functional status, goals, and need for specific services and resources, and to establish short-term and long-term goals
- Use pro-active customer services skills in handling complex and demanding situations
- Advocate on behalf of the individual to assure quality of care and attainment of appropriate goals
- Create, document, and implement intervention plans
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or similar field of study
- Two years of Social Service experience in an acute care setting, community agency or managed care environment; or a combination of education and relevant work experience may be qualifying.
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully telecommute work environment right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview and on-boarding process for this position will be completed remotely
- This position may require onsite presence when our offices re-open, which will be no sooner than February 1, 2022. Onsite presence will most likely be on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business needs.
- This is a temporary position, and does not provide the benefits that are listed below (it is standard language from our regular job posts and cannot be altered or removed)
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.