We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Controller, which can be located in either our Scotts Valley or Salinas, California office.
Central California Alliance for Health works in partnership with our contracted providers to promote prevention, early detection and effective treatment, and improve access to quality health care for those we serve. This results in the delivery of innovative community-based health care services, better medical outcomes and cost savings.
At the Alliance, we are all working towards our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities by living out our values of Equity, Integrity, Improvement and Collaboration in the pursuit of our mission of accessible, quality health care guided by local innovation
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller:
- Provides strategic management oversight in implementing, directing, and monitoring the Alliance’s accounting and finance functions, including: general accounting, financial reporting, administrative budgeting, purchasing, administrative contracts, insurance, treasury, fixed assets, and payroll
- Directs the Accounting Department, act as a subject matter expert and provides executive level advice and guidance on accounting and finance issues and overall business operations
- Directs, manages, and supervises Accounting Department staff
Additional information: The Controller oversees the Alliance G&A of $100M, with 500 full-time employees. Medical revenue and cost budgets are not the responsibility of this position.
To learn more about the Alliance at a glance, visit our quarterly fact sheet here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a seasoned leader in the managed care industry, with expertise in accounting, budgeting & reporting. You are committed to accountability and results, and skilled at moving the work forward while managing priorities and deadlines. You are a strategic leader and thought partner, with the ability to see the big picture while using decisiveness in daily operations and deliverables. You have a collaborative management style with a talent for building rapport and effectively managing business relationships. You are invested in staff development and empowering teams to do their best work.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Financial accounting theory, principles, practices, and regulations, including GAAP, FASB, GASB, and statutory regulations, and proficiency in the application of same
- Principles and practices of financial planning, financial analysis, accounting, budgeting and financial statements
- Principles and practices of organizational management, program development, and project management
- Principles and methods of planning, organizing, and maintaining an automated accounting system and financial records and reports
- The managed health care industry, including capitation, Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR), and Per Member Per Month (PMPM) reporting
- Medi-Cal or Medicare programs, local health plan, hospital or other healthcare financial operations
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Ability to:
- Review and assess overall department function, core work, goals, and structure, develop and implement short- and long-term planning to achieve strategic plans, and complete an annual department assessment
- Develop, plan, organize and direct programs and activities that are complex in nature and regional in scope
- Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff, promote an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation, and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives
- Communicate effectively at all organizational levels, including in situations that require instructing, persuading, negotiating, and advising
- Interpret and apply key financial indicators to identify, monitor, and implement effective interventions based on the results
- Education and Experience:
- Current licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) issued by the State of California
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field and a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible accounting or auditing experience in a large organization or division of a large organization, including a minimum of four years of experience in health care delivery systems and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully telecommute work environment right now due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview and on-boarding process for this position will be completed remotely
- This position will require onsite presence when our offices re-open, which will be no sooner than February 1, 2022. Onsite presence will begin on a part-time basis, but is dependent on business need.
- This role will require one to come in to the Scotts Valley office for check signing duties one day a week, with the potential of increasing to two days week in February, 2022.
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.