We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Coding Resource Specialist in the Quality Improvement Department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Quality and Performance Improvement Manager, you will act as the clinical coding expert across all departments. You will utilize advanced knowledge of professional coding to review and recommend changes to systems, policies or procedures to guarantee current and appropriate coding guidelines are maintained. You will participate in Quality Improvement (QI) department projects and support departmental actives related to routine data analysis and reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Medi-Cal and prepaid health programs
- Provider operations
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional initiative and follow through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance
- Utilize creative thinking and reprioritize workload as needed
- Analyze, problem solve and think through impact recommendations
- Develop and deliver trainings for audiences with different learning styles
- Research and present findings in a clear and organized manner
- Manage and track multiples tasks in an efficient manner to ensure completion of all assigned projects
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of coding experience with emphasis on Medi-Cal and Medicare requirements in a Managed Care environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- Current Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification required (issued by AHIMA or AAPC)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.