*This is a new position at the Alliance where you will develop and lead a team of Data Scientists focused on making a direct impact on the delivery of advanced analytics to improve health strategies, outcomes and the overall lives of our members.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As the Advanced Analytics Manager you will manage and lead advanced analytics, including population health, risk adjustment, stratification, and prediction, and perform program evaluation and provider benchmarking. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Analytics Director, clinical leadership, and other stakeholders regarding short- and long-term analytic strategies, as well as manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Analytics teams are skilled, focused, and highly collaborative. We work hard, have fun and take pride in how our work impacts the health outcomes for the communities we serve.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Expertise and passion for healthcare data analytics, with strength in population health, risk adjustment, predictive modeling and program evaluation
- Experience and excitement for developing new teams and processes
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead and inspire others, while promoting an environment that supports professional growth, embraces complex challenges and celebrates accomplishments
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of a value-based healthcare environment
- Tools and techniques associated with designing, implementing and communicating population health or healthcare improvement studies
- SQL or other data mining/manipulation tools
- Statistical software such as SAS, R, Python
- Bayesian analysis and causal inference methods
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff
- Develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize Advanced Analytics activities
- Maintain team morale and objective leadership in a dynamic and high pressure environment
- Interpret and apply complex principles, policies, terms and procedures
- Define issues, interpret data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for action
- Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in a Mathematics related discipline, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Public Health or a closely related field
- A minimum of six years of experience performing healthcare analytics which includes analyzing and interpreting clinical data and leading projects related to population health or healthcare quality improvement, including a minimum of two years of experience leading or supervising analytics staff, (or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields described above and an additional eight years of experience performing advanced healthcare analytics may substitute for the Master’s degree); or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying.
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.