*There are two positions available.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Collaborating and partnering with management, project managers, and IT to develop, implement and manage an assigned reporting/analytics portfolio. You will deliver assigned reports of data analysis in accordance with best practices and standard peer review processes for validation and consistency.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Analytics teams are skilled, focused, and highly collaborative. We work hard, have fun and take pride in how our work impacts the health outcomes for the communities we serve.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- SQL and data visualizations tools, such as Tableau
- Health plan and delivery system operations, healthcare informatics, and healthcare benefits and terminology
- Operations in the healthcare industry
- General health service research and outcomes reporting/analytics
- Healthcare industry and healthcare information standards such as ICD 9/10 and CPT codes, understanding of case mix and risk profiling, as well as of health care delivery system processes
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) tool
- EDW and data dictionary, including an understanding of the methods of searching for tables and fields
- Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as report-generating software
- Ability to:
- Conduct self-audits and peer reviews related to the accuracy and consistency of both pre- and post-data analyses
- Develop data-driven and outcome-based initiatives to improve business decision making
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize work, maintain accurate records, and achieve goals and timelines
- Work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in a matrix organization while supporting multiple stakeholders
- Perform technical and non-technical troubleshooting and diagnose and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Collect, interpret and evaluate data and to project consequences of recommendations
- Work Collaboratively and productively with diverse project teams in order to achieve efficient and timely solution
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Analysis, Business, Healthcare Administration or a related field
- Minimum of five years of clinical analytics experience in a healthcare setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying.
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.