Who We Are
Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) is an award-winning regional Medi-Cal managed care plan that provides health insurance for low-income children, adults, seniors and people with disabilities in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. We currently serve more than 416,000 members.
In 1996, the Alliance was established to improve access to quality health care for lower income residents who often lacked a primary care “medical home” and had to rely on the emergency room for basic needs. We connect members to the primary and specialty care they need.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Guided by our values of Improvement, Integrity, Collaboration and Equity, we strive to fulfill our vision of “Healthy people. Healthy communities.” This focus includes finding innovative solutions that lead to better health outcomes.
Career Growth and Advancement
We support career development through promotional opportunities in a growing, financially stable organization. Get on-the-job-training and gain experience in an exemplary managed care model. To further support your career journey, we offer full access to LinkedIn Learning and annual tuition reimbursement.
Support for Your Health and Wellness
We believe in supporting the whole person and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents. In addition to 12 paid holidays per year, we provide ample paid time off. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, so we offer flexible scheduling and extra support when you need it most. To promote health and wellness, we provide reimbursements for gyms and online fitness classes.
Your financial future is important to us. The Alliance contributes 10% of your salary to a defined contribution 401(a) plan after one year of employment. We also provide you with an opportunity to save voluntarily via our 457 retirement savings plan.
Hiring and Work Environment
With offices in three different counties in California, our leadership team is committed to following guidance from local public health officials and the state to ensure the health and safety for not only the members we serve as a health plan, but also for our employees.
All Alliance staff are working in a hybrid remote/in-office work environment. Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Our commitment to potential employees: We are actively recruiting for the positions listed on our careers site and have modified our processes to support video interviews and remote onboarding of newly hired Alliance employees.
- Our continued support of Alliance staff: Connection remains an important focus as we’ve adapted to a hybrid remote/in-office work environment. We stay connected through virtual teambuilding events and celebrations, monthly Town Hall meetings with our CEO, monthly Coffee Chats with our chief officers, quarterly All Staff meetings, The Pulse employee newsletter, and more.
At the Alliance, one of our values is that of Equity. We consciously work toward eliminating disparity through inclusion and justice. With that, it's our belief that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and the Alliance is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. The Alliance is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer where we cultivate belonging, nurture inclusion and value diversity to create collaborative and innovative teams.
We assure equal treatment in the administration of employment decisions including recruitment, selection, hiring and compensation and applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of merit, experience and other applicable work-related criteria, without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical disability, mental disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage all people from all backgrounds to apply. Come join us and find out the positive impact you can have in helping us carry out our mission. We are an E-Verify participating employer
The Alliance is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Alliance at 831-430-5500.
Get to Know Us
- Follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date with new opportunities and to learn more about what it’s like to be a member of our team.
- To learn more about our culture and what our current and former employees say, check out our Glassdoor page.
- See how we connect with our members by visiting our Facebook page.
- Learn about our mission, vision and values.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the Alliance sponsor my visa? At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of application and hire on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship. As required by federal law, all newly hired employees must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States. Acceptable forms of identification can be found on the www.uscis.gov website.
- What happens after I send in my application? We look at each and every resume and application that we receive. A Recruiter will review your resume and qualifications against the position description for the job that you applied to. We'll get you updates as soon as we can about the status of your application. Once we have your resume on file, we'll also keep you in mind for other positions and may reach out with other opportunities that you might be interested in.
- What are those temporary jobs that you have listed? Sometimes we have temporary (temp) positions that we hire in addition to our regular positions. The temp positions typically have a set start and end date but can change based on the business need. Usually the temp positions are covering an employee's leave of absence, or are working on a special project. We have all of our temp employees get signed up with a local temporary staffing agency while they are on an assignment with us. The temp positions can be a great way to check out the Alliance and learn more about the work that we do.
If you are a current Alliance employee, click here to sign-in and access the internal Careers Portal to submit your application.