Love data and predicting emerging trends? Interested in sharing your thoughts with over 530,000 industry experts? Keep reading.
CB Insights' Intelligence Unit is hiring a summer intern who will work closely with intelligence analysts and editors in the production of data-driven reports for the research portal and daily newsletter.
In the last 12 months, CB Insights’ quantitative research on technology companies and technology trends has been cited by 3,061 media outlets and is read daily by hundreds of thousands of executives, billionaires, and VCs. This role will help drive insights on the IU related to artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, digital health, fintech, and much more.
Data sets that the intern will help the team analyze and fuse include:
- Public market data
- Earnings transcripts
- M&A and investment data
- Business relationships
- Market sizings
- Assist the intelligence analysts with research briefs, chart building, quantitative research, data wrangling, and other tasks.
- Learn to work with the CB Insights platform, Excel, and WordPress in addition to a light overview of SQL.
- Create market maps and other data visualizations.
- Propose quantitative driven ideas and construct graphs that show a clear trend intent.
- Help in production and data gathering for high volume media requests, including webinars, in-depth reports, and events.
- Other projects as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong grasp of numbers and data as well as a zeal for accuracy
- Strong writing skills
- Basic analytical Excel skills
- Interest in learning about tech startups and venture capital as well as public markets
- Rising undergraduate junior or senior
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.