CB Insights is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. A successful candidate is able operate in a fast paced growth environment combining excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to ensure accuracy of the financial statements.
- Ensures all expenses are accurately recorded
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Assists in external audit by providing schedules for general ledger
- Assists in sales tax calculations and payments
- Oversees commission calculations to ensure monthly and quarterly payments are according to plan
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist in preparation of accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule.
- Monitors revenue accounts to ensure that all revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have an accounting degree and at least 4 years’ experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Advanced Excel
- Prior experience with Intacct accounting software a plus
- Knowledge of SaaS industry, GAAP revenue recognition rules and reporting metrics is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of integrity and professionalism including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend