Drive growth. Achieve your goals.
Build the future of CB Insights as an essential part of our Sales team.
The Role You’ll Play
CB Insights Strategic Account Executives land-and-expand the largest global accounts. You will be product and industry knowledgeable (venture capital and technology should get you excited), and excited about building and scaling our largest West Coast and APAC accounts. With the support of a Strategic Account Manager, Sales Development team and numerous resources, you will spend the majority of your time deep in discovery or demoing prospects on our web-based products and driving them to close. This is a unique sales opportunity to enter into a high-growth company that has found significant product-market fit, but which is (very) far from exhausting its addressable market. This role reports into a Sr. Director of Sales.
About the BD team:
Working as an Strategic Account Executive at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest sales teams. This group works together to achieve very lofty new revenue targets, while being some of the most talented and hardworking sales people around. Additionally, there is no better Sales Development Representative team working with you to set you up with the best opportunities to close. If you want to grow your career, work with some incredible minds in sales, and be a part of a motivated yet supportive team, the Strategic AE role at CB Insights is perfect for you.
Your main tasks:
- Own our largest West Coast and APAC accounts and build out a playbook to scale
- Expand and bring on clients in the world’s largest companies
- Guide the full sales cycle from discovery through contract negotiation/close
- Dig in and be hands on in learning the product, and use your presentation skills through web-based product demonstrations
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales and product teams to ensure prospects get timely, conducive information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant work experience)
- 1+ years of experience selling specifically to APAC required
- 3+ years experience in a SaaS sales environment, selling software or technology solutions, services, or applications
- 3+ years of experience building a pipeline, qualifying, and identifying deals you can close
- 2+ years meeting/exceeding $1M+ quota
- SaaS or relevant complex sales experience required
- Relevant language skills (Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean) strongly preferred
- Strong pipeline building, discovery and champion building skills with a dedication to ruthless efficiency
- Top performance in prior roles, with growing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of technology, venture capital and emerging industry trends
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.