If you are a passionate technologist who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data, uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and presents the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
The Role You'll Play:
As a Lead Software Engineer at CB Insights you will lead a high performing team to solve challenging technical problems and coach engineers to meet their full potential.
Our Engineering Managers’ main responsibility is to build and foster a cross-disciplinary team to form the future of our platform, using state-of-the-art technologies regularly shipping high quality code to production. The ideal candidate not only has technical chops to dive into code, but also has proven ability to provide technical leadership for projects while inspiring a team of software engineers.
This is a technical and managerial role working across the stack, enabling the team to build beautiful user interfaces, robust services and scalable data processing jobs, while partnering closely with the product and design team and managing stakeholders. We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously following a smooth development process.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your main tasks:
- Manage an engineering team that follows agile principles to develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform
- Coach, mentor, inspire and support a team of 2-3 engineers
- Partner with Product team to consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested within the agreed upon timeframe
- Lead by example through hands-on coding, code reviews and sprint planning
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements and influence technical strategy conversations across the engineering team
What you bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- 8+ years professional software development experience with Python or Go
- 2+ years leading an engineering team and managing software engineers
- Pragmatic approach to technology with a startup mindset
- Proficiency with modern front-end technologies & API designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of development best practices, continuous integration, source control, code reviews
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.