Build analytical models and research products. Improve research methodology. Drive new biz growth.
CB Insights is looking for a Quantitative Research Analyst to work closely with our research, data science, and product teams to develop analytical models and research products, improve the actionability of our research, and scale research output.
The role you’ll play:
CB Insights is in the process of revamping its research portfolio - introducing new research products to the market and rebooting older ones.
As a Quantitative Research Analyst, you will play a key role in (a) building quantitative models to accompany our research products and (b) standardize methodology across teams and products. Further, you will be (c) tasked with automating research tasks, in effort to broaden and scale our research output.
You will work directly with the Senior Director of Research Products, a seasoned professional with nearly a decade of experience in developing research products and analytical models. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of our product, data science, and research teams.
About the team:
If you want to increase growth, both for the business and professionally, then this is the place for you. The Research Products team is a new division within CB Insights, focusing on bringing new research products to market, along with scaling existing research products.
Your main tasks:
- Translate research requirements into analytical models
- Support research analysts by building tools to compress due diligence time and product maintenance efforts
- Build scripts in order to load data into models, generate reports, and automate manual tasks for our research team
- Evaluate our current research portfolio, products, and datasets, and suggest improvements around standardization
- Identify new ways to pull valuable insights from raw data by introducing new metrics, new groups/cuts to monitor, and new visualization approaches
- Write SQL queries to examine datasets and investigate specific corner cases
- Structure data effectively in data warehouses with future-proofed schemas
- Create dataframes representing key takeaways for translation into visualizations
- Automate processes to enable 100x scaling
What you bring to the table:
- B. Eng; BA / BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or Economics
- 1-2 years of experience in a quantitative / research role
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Experience working with and analyzing large datasets
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Careful attention to detail, critical-thinker, problem-solver, and fast learner
- Clear communication skills, able to analyze and explain a problem effectively and efficiently
- Experience with MS Office apps and Google apps
- Exposure to scripting (e.g. SQL, Python)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- 5H's: Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpful and Humility
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.