Drive growth. Intrigue prospects. Find leads.
The Role You’ll Play:
CB Insights is looking for a Business Development Representative Manager who can help coach, build, grow, and develop a sales development team of 8-10 representatives as a part of our growing organization of 45-55 SDRs. As a Business Development Manager this person will develop, train and hire highly driven and enthusiastic team members. Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) play a very important front-line role within our Sales organization to uncover opportunities. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
About the Sales Development team:
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) play a very important front-line role within our Sales organization to uncover opportunities. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to prospect and identify potential business units and personas that could benefit from our software. Once they have identified these key stakeholders, they will build and implement an outreach strategy in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the table for effective sales conversations and selling opportunities.
Your Main Tasks:
- Manage a team of SDRs that will be acquired upon arrival
- Train and coach SDR's in relevant product use-cases and sales methodology to maximize performance and development in alignment with CB Insights strategy
- Be present with your team - manage and arrange SDR activities/celebrations etc.
- Set and communicate team goals and perform innovative actions that engage and incentivize the team
- Work with reps 1:1 to ensure individual and team goals are met
- Work closely with the rest of the Business Development Managers including joining SDR leadership meetings and being a part of strategic org decisions
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 years of sales leadership experience, specifically with hiring, building and enabling high-functioning teams
- 2+ years of experience in the SaaS Enterprise space, ideally in a quota-carrying role
- Experience coaching and mentoring SDRs on large-enterprise prospecting and opportunity generation
- Great interpersonal skills - able to work with others both internally and externally
- Experience providing feedback as a coach/mentor
- Experience with sales development tool stack - (Ex: Outreach, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator etc.)
- Strong process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and build improvements
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Experience in fast-growth, SaaS startup environments highly desired
- Proven success in helping onboard new reps
- Culture add: how can you support the team and add a new perspective to the current leadership team
You’ll be successful here if:
- Strategic, analytical and methodical minded sales approach
- Creative, resourceful, detail oriented, and well-organized
- No-ego, willingness to accept coaching to be the best
- Hungry for growth, both professionally and personally
- Be optimistic, energetic, and data-driven
- Be a team-player and have a passion for helping reps achieve goals
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.