Create data-based insights. Build and test smart hypotheses. Build new capabilities in a cutting edge RevTech stack. Drive customer acquisition and value.
The Role You’ll Play:
The Senior Salesforce Admin is a multi-faceted analytical, process, and systems architecture role at CBI. This role sits in the center of the company’s Go-to-Market / revenue organization -- collaborating with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, and Product. In this role, you are responsible for developing frameworks and systems to generate insights into our business and market, creating and optimizing processes to improve GTM efficiency and revenue, and building and improving infrastructure to scale our revenue team.
You will be involved in strategic planning, defining our tech stack roadmap, and optimizing processes for our go-to-market organization which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
You are excited to be part of a collaborative team and culture in a high-growth SaaS company.
The ideal candidate is a big-picture thinker and problem-solver, who likes to both build and optimize, and has an outcomes-focused mentality.
About the Go-to-market and RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, and are a pillar for our company’s revenue growth.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. ‘supporting sales’), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing and rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), and build an innovative and ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold and hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn and failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, and ‘build the flywheel’ to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO and comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement and RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Build the analytical framework, processes, and systems that generate actionable insights on our business and market.
- Understand our key business metrics and how we can build processes and systems that help uncover the driving factors behind them
- Help demystify our prospect to customer journey - align our processes and tools to give us a clear view of performance across the revenue funnel
- Define the strategy and roadmap for revenue processes and systems
- Create the vision and structure for how our GTM systems (Salesforce, Hubspot, Catalyst, etc.) and supporting tools will connect and operate seamlessly
- Identify and implement tools, best practices, and operational workflows with an eye toward measurable outcomes and continuous improvement
- Focus on building the minimum viable product; avoid “feature creep”
- Own the integrity of our revenue systems ecosystem by putting in place proper access and permissions controls, ensuring data integrity, and developing protocols for change management
- Execute high impact initiatives.
- Partner with RevOps leadership and other Go-to-Market teams to drive initiatives that impact revenue - for example, launching a customer success platform to improve customer health and engagement or defining the best way to surface high-intent leads and accounts to reps
- Drive robust systems, processes, and analytics to ensure that we learn from any initiative -- treating them as experiments with data-based learning
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Finance team members as a project owner and executor
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in Revenue Operations, Salesforce Administration, or similar roles
- Demonstrated Salesforce experience required; Salesforce Certified Admin a huge plus
- Proficiency in Marketing Automation tools required; Hubspot Certification a huge plus
- Experience with Customer Success tools preferred
- Product manager mindsight with proven ability to make a complex tech stack easy-to-use
- Ability to see big picture and distill it into project plan with specific actions
- Impeccable project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Team player who enjoys collaborating; has a growth mindset
- Top-class analytics skills - understand the importance of data and acumen; proficient in spreadsheet modeling and analytics / financial modeling
- Get sh*t done attitude - can “draw the owl”
- Bachelor’s degree
You’ll be successful here if:
- You seek and build expertise, while being innovative: You learn the playbooks that work elsewhere, and build the ones that works for CBI
- You’re a true owner: You have an ownership mindset and instill it in your team. You set an example for owning and learning from wins, failures and bets.
- You focus on results: You don’t believe in vanity metrics, and believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- You’re collaborative and to build something great together: You believe in shared wins and want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success and vice versa
- You ‘draw the owl’
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.