Be the microphone to CBI’s voice. Promote tech’s hottest research. Engage with today’s most The Role You’ll Play:
The Role You’ll Play
The New York Times. The Wall Street Journal. Axios. The biggest names in the media business know CB Insights as the go-to resource for tech. We need a strong, driven communications leader to take it to the next level.
The Senior Director/Director will own the planning, pitching and placing of strategic communications efforts that elevate our company’s story, brand and corporate positioning. We’re not for the faint of heart; our fast-paced environment demands an agile and flexible team player that can meet tight deadlines and collaborate with senior leadership. Media connections are a must.
The successful candidate will be both strategic and tactical, understanding how to craft a narrative over time about who we are and what we do without losing sight of day-to-day pitching.
This is a great opportunity to join the PR team of one of the fastest-growing tech startups in NYC.
About the Marketing Team:
The marketing team at CB Insights is big on team collaboration. Team members are willing to jump in, even if it is out of their job responsibilities and work together to get goals across the finish line. There is never a dumb question, we are always willing to sit down and talk to each other and share our knowledge. The team has a work hard play hard mentality. Hard work is valued and building relationships with team members is equally as important.
- Strategy and Planning. Work across the organization to create a consistent and compelling narrative for key areas of the business, and then bring it to life via proactive pitching.
- Media relations. Enough said.
- Media training. Train our best and brightest, from more junior analysts to leadership, on how to talk to the media with interview prep, talking points and more.
- Project management. Solve unforeseen challenges as a results-driven project manager who can handle multiple projects simultaneously & autonomously.
- Strong point of view. Bring the media’s perspective to our team and challenge the team to create content that will resonate with the media.
- Writing skills. You know how to tell a strong story.
What You’ll Have:
- 7 -10+ years of experience in a role similar to this one at a tech, SaaS, research or B2B company.
- Significant relationships with the media. Again, enough said.
- Experience creating strategic communications plans.You know how to drive successful outcomes -- and connect those outcomes to our overall company objectives and marketing strategy-- with your work.
- Superior presentation and speaking skills. You know how to evangelize a product and company with the media, and have the chops to advise senior leaders as well.
- Team player - We’re a small team without egos. We need someone that can go all hands on deck for major projects and events.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.