Drive growth. Achieve your goals.
Build the future of CB Insights as an essential part of our Strategic Accounts team.
The role you'll play:
The CB Insights Strategic Account Executive (SAE) will guide our most valuable client accounts to new heights. SAE time is spent working collaboratively with the Strategic Account Manager (SAM) team to identify expansion and growth opportunities within CBI’s largest and most complex account portfolio. Once those opportunities are surfaced, SAEs then dig deeper, uncovering client needs and clarifying goals and mandates. This culminates in demos run for these high-value prospects on our web-based products and working the sales process effectively until the business is closed.
SAEs are extremely product and industry knowledgeable (corporate strategy, venture capital, and technology should get you excited), and are excited about building and managing their own book of CBI’s most strategic customers. This is a unique sales opportunity to join a high-growth company that has found product-market fit, but (very) far from exhausting its addressable market. This role reports into a Vice President of Strategic Accounts.
About the Broader BD team:
Working as a Strategic Account Executive (SAE) at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest commercial teams. This group works together to achieve very lofty new revenue targets, while being some of the most talented and hardworking salespeople around. Additionally, there is no better Sales Development Representative (SDR) team working with you to set you up with the best opportunities to close. If you want to grow your career, work with some incredible minds in sales, and be a part of a motivated yet supportive team, the SAE role at CB Insights is perfect for you.
Your main tasks:
- Achieve sales targets through identifying, qualifying, and closing business
- Own, lead, and guide the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation/close
- Effectively collaborate with the SDR and SAM communities to identify expansion and growth opportunities
- Dig in and be hands on in learning the product, use presentation skills through web-based product demonstrations
- Maintain updated sales records and prospect status in salesforce.com with an eye toward a balanced pipeline
- Collaborate across both sales and product teams to ensure prospects get timely, conducive information that increases product knowledge & interest
- Forecast your personal sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meetings
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience selling software, technology solutions, information services, or applications
- SaaS or relevant complex sales experience preferred
- Experience building a pipeline, qualifying, identifying deals and driving to close
- Strong communication and persuading skills
- Top performance in prior roles, consistent high performance with growing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of corporate strategy, planning, technology, venture capital and emerging industry trends preferred
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.