Greet them. Grow them. Keep them.
The role you’ll play:
CB Insights is looking for an experienced People professional to lead the People Development team. As a Senior Director in the People department, you will own some of the most critical areas of our business as we grow to 400+ over the next 6 months. Reporting to the SVP, People Strategy, you will be responsible for the success of People Development programs and business partnership for 2021 and beyond. As such, the role and the team you will lead encompasses both specialist and generalist responsibilities:
- Specialist: Ownership of company-wide programs that advance the development and engagement of talent, i.e., onboarding, performance development, employee engagement survey, talent planning, career progression, recognition.
- Generalist: Partnering with departments on their specific day-to-day as well as forward looking org needs.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Partner with the leadership of CBI’s go-to-market departments to:
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and change management.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers and re-leveling.
- Lead internal HR investigations by gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and policies, and recommending actions.
- Interpret and apply understanding of policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for inquiries.
- Use data to create insights and make recommendations to leadership for programs to engage and develop talent.
- Own the design and implementation of cross-company programs: performance management, promotion cycles.
- Lead team members on design and implementation of cross-company programs: onboarding, learning & development, employee engagement survey cycles, consistent business partner practices.
- Develop, coach and elevate team members through clear expectation-setting, continuous feedback, growth-oriented coaching, development planning, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years working in a People capacity at dynamic organizations, strong preference for experience in SaaS.
- Experience working with sales & marketing teams.
- Experience working to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding EQ – high degree of empathy and the ability to build trust with business stakeholders and employees.
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills and an ability to ruthlessly prioritize the most critical objectives.
This role will be right for you if:
- You’re a strong communicator who knows how to flex their communication style across all levels (from org-wide communications to sensitive 1:1s).
- You love using data to make informed decisions about People initiatives.
- You are analytical in nature, and easily connect People initiatives to business outcomes.
- You’re an owner who shows accountability and care in all aspects of their work.
- You have a passion for understanding the business goals, finding solutions, and improving processes.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.