The role you'll play:
First, some data on the growth of CB Insights.
- 2015 - 66 teammates
- 2016 - 104 teammates
- 2017 - 168 teammates
- 2018 - 209 teammates
- 2019 - 292
- Today - 350+ and growing
Over that same period, our revenue has grown 800%. Underpinning this growth is the CB Insights Technology Intelligence platform, the vast market we have to capitalize on, and a great team with top talent across all levels. Additionally during the past 6 months while others have floundered, we have thrived - adding new datasets to our platform and also two company acquisitions.
That is the great news.
Now, what we need is for someone with expertise that can help support the growth of our customer base.
The CB Insights Commercial Customer Success Manager is responsible for maintaining a large portfolio of Accounts that include corporate Strategy and Innovation groups, Venture Capital Firms and Universities. This position governs customer relationships using a self-service model to support this client base. The Customer Success Manager serves as the internal voice of the customer while working with other CB Insights’ teams to exceed customer expectations. This individual's performance is based on specific metrics associated with customer on-boarding, client satisfaction & retention. Working with a large volume of customers, this person will help develop and execute different self-service strategies for handling a large portfolio at scale. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in a Customer Success org.
About the Customer Success team:
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team's diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of the CS Team is driven by our group's diversity. You can look around and you'll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
Your Main responsibilities:
- Manage the overall success and retention of your portfolio of accounts.
- Administration of new team licenses, implementation of their accounts and set up of the platform.
- Train new users as they are added and ensure we create a path to meeting their core objectives with CB Insights
- Employ tech-touch account management practices to ensure a high quality experience for our customers with highly efficient workflows.
- Negotiating customers license renewals
- Advise and make recommendations on process and technology needed for more automated support pathways of this customer portfolio.
- Monitor platform usage of the managed portfolio and employ strategies to increase overall usage.
- Closely monitor customer health and proactively engage with customers to improve their experience.
What you bring to the table:
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or similar study. MBA preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of prior account management and/or customer success experience, preferably within enterprise software or SaaS.
- Experience manage a large volume of daily customer interactions in a prior role
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce.
- A keen eye for process improvement
- Proficiency communicating data via Excel, Salesforce and other business intelligence tools.
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
- Excellent communication
- Diligent record keeping
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.