Research technology markets and companies. Help clients make decisions. Publish compelling research.
If you are passionate about emerging trends in the transportation space, including everything from autonomous driving and vehicle electrification to shared mobility and electric scooters, then we have the role for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to produce the most digestible and most actionable insight into technology markets and vendors? Are you able to develop a viewpoint and package insights into research that is prescriptive rather than merely descriptive?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech markets and companies driving tech disruption across industries. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform and its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious and driven people you will ever meet and held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts and editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, and medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups and incumbents in your industry, and have the ear of senior decision makers.
- Using CB Insights proprietary data set and analytic tools, write reports on technology and investment trends in emerging automotive, mobility, and logistics segments for corporate strategy, venture capital, and technology decision maker clients.
- Lead client-directed startup scouting, market research, and technology assessment projects
- Develop forward-looking analyses and insights for public-facing reports on auto & mobility technologies
- Support PR and media requests with subject matter expertise
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology investment, venture capital, and early-stage innovation
- 4+ years professional experience working in the automotive, supply chain & logistics, or mobility services industry, or related investment banking, equity research, consulting, or journalism experience.
- Writing experience within the above fields is a must - ability to synthesize complex concepts into digestible, forward looking insights.
- Demonstrate a contagious passion for the material: Should be a startup / tech geek passionate about all things auto & mobility
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients and prospects as an authority on trends and investment activity in the auto & mobility industry
- Some startup experience is a plus, a thick skin and high tolerance for change required
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
What CB Insights is All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.