Customer First. Experience Driven. World Class Experiences.
The Role You’ll Play
As a product design principal you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, and Leadership teams to craft unbeatable user experiences that delight our customers.
You will build solutions that help clients explore, visualize, collaborate, and make decisions using data. This will include the ideation and creation of new products and features as well as improving and redesigning legacy parts of our platform.
Your work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
About the design team
The CB Insights design team is a small and collaborative group of hardworking individuals. We know success comes from a team that can trust, challenge, and learn from one another. We value autonomy and “heads down” time giving each other the space to take ownership and experiment. We are constantly evolving to ensure our processes are working hard for us, not the other way around. Designers work with teams across the organization and have direct access to leadership. Our work is highly visible and directly impacts the future of the CB insights platform, branding, and customer experience.
Your Main Tasks
- Collaborate with our Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, engineers and business stakeholders to translate customer problems into clean, intuitive, and functional experiences
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce, delightful, intuitive, and accessible user experiences
- Research needs and validate solutions with users
- Facilitate a collaborative design process soliciting feedback early and often
- Rapidly ideate and validate designs using data, sketches, prototypes, and testing
- Present your point of view and advocate for the user in wireframe and design reviews with Leadership, Product, and Engineering
- Ensure high quality implementation, working closely with Technical Program Managers and Engineering
- Scale and contribute to the CB Insights design language systems and guide implementation and anatomy
- Help build out product design processes, tools, and culture
- Act as a mentor to product designers and other team members to mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, and uphold product quality
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Expertise in shipping high quality product experiences with a portfolio showcasing process, a human-centered approach, and a strong eye for detail; you must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Proficiency in UX, UI, wireframing, research, and design systems
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy, usability, and design principles
- Experience designing for a software development company with a data heavy product
- “Systems” thinker - have a holistic understanding of user needs by exploring the interconnected complexities of the current system and working to optimize when possible
- Fluency in the latest product design tools and technology (e.g. Sketch, Abstract, JIRA, etc.)
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Seeks feedback early and often with an iterative, user-centric approach to designing experiences
- Makes high quality decisions quickly; highly developed time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in design or relevant field
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll be successful here if
- You can make decisions quickly with a deep understanding of the bigger picture
- You're obsessed with details and have great visual design skills
- You are someone who is comfortable setting direction
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills and experience working with leadership
- You approach design with a high level of user empathy
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description (AKA no job is too small)
- You are self-aware and humble
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness and who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.