Reconcile accounts. Manage financial closings. Collaborate with the team.
The role you'll play:
CB Insights is looking for a highly collaborative and communicative team player and self-starter who wants to grow themselves professionally to fill our Staff Accountant position. This position has multiple facets and we are interested in candidates that are eager to be part of an exciting and growing company.
Your main tasks:
- Manage and reconcile credit card account, research and post credit card expenses including scanning invoices into the accounting system
- Process vendor invoices, properly code invoices to the correct general ledger accounts and respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment status
- Responsible for reconciling daily and monthly bank and any assigned balance sheet accounts, including accrued and prepaid accounts and maintaining fixed asset schedule
- Participation in month-end and annual financial closings. Assist with other month-end reconciliations and analysis, as required
- Assist Senior Accountant in enrolling in new states; monitoring and addressing all state correspondence related to payroll taxes.
- Organize and report employee reimbursements
- Assist in commission report calculations
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Help with ad-hoc requests
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business with 3+ years related general accounting experience
- Experience with Intacct or other cloud-based ERP
- Experience with state payroll registration and filing is a plus
- Understanding of GAAP is a must
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with excel including ability to create pivot tables and v-lookups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.