Create data-based insights. Build and test smart hypotheses. Build new capabilities in a cutting edge RevTech stack. Drive customer acquisition and value.
The Role You’ll Play:
The Revenue Operations Analyst is a multi-faceted analytical role at CBI. This role sits in the center of the company’s Go-to-Market / revenue organization -- collaborating with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance and Product. In this role - you are responsible for developing and publishing insights on our business and market, identifying and testing opportunities for process improvement and revenue impact, and building infrastructure to scale our revenue team.
You will be involved in strategic analysis, building and maintaining our infrastructure (Salesforce a must!), our analytics, and optimizing processes for our go-to-market organization which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
You are excited to be part of a collaborative team and culture in a high-growth SaaS company.
The ideal candidate is a proactive critical thinker and problem-solver, who likes to both build and optimize, and has a data-driven mentality.
About the Go-to-market and RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, and are a pillar for tripling our company’s revenue again in coming quarters.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. ‘supporting sales’), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing and rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), and build an innovative and ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold and hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn and failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, and ‘build the flywheel’ to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO and comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement and RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Analyze data and publish actionable insights on our business and market.
- Analyze our key business results, metrics and the driving factors behind the
- Help demystify our prospect to customer journey - codifying actionable learnings across the revenue funnel
- Build, improve and scale our revenue processes and systems
- Design, automate, and improve processes across our marketing and sales systems (Salesforce, Hubspot, LeanData, etc.)
- Document and maintain best practices, playbooks, operational workflows, and communicate those with the team
- Maintain our CRM (Salesforce) by managing data collection (fields), automating processes (Process Builder / Flows), and enriching data
- Execute high impact initiatives.
- Partner with RevOps leadership and other Go-to-Market teams to drive initiatives that impact revenue - for example, testing new approaches for acquiring new customers, setting demos or re-engaging existing customers
- Drive robust analytics to ensure that we learn from any initiative -- treating them as experiments with data-based learning
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Finance team members as a project owner and executor
What you bring to the table:
- 1-3+ years experience in Revenue Operations, Business Operations, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Financial Analysis or similar roles
- Strong problem solver with the ability to distill ambiguity into insights
- Impeccable project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Team player who enjoys collaborating; has a growth mindset
- Experienced in Salesforce; Salesforce Certified Admin a plus
- Top-class analytics skills - understand the importance of data and acumen; proficient in spreadsheet modelling and analytics / financial modeling
- Proficiency in Hubspot, Looker, LeaData, and Outreach preferred
- SQL experience a plus
- Get sh*t done attitude - can “draw the owl”
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communicator
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You seek and build expertise, while being innovative: You learn the playbooks that work elsewhere, and build the ones that works for CBI
- You’re a true owner: You have an ownership mindset and instill it in your team. You set an example for owning and learning from wins, failures and bets.
- You focus on results: You don’t believe in vanity metrics, and believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- You’re collaborative and to build something great together: You believe in shared wins and want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success and vice versa
- You ‘draw the owl’
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness and who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!