Drive Strategy. Design and Personalize. Measure Impact.
The role you’ll play:
As a Senior Learning and Development Strategy Manager at CB Insights, your objective will be to strategize, design, implement and manage learning and development programs on behalf of the People Team within CB Insights. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and build a program from scratch - from conception to creation to continuous improvement, across the full employee lifecycle. You will apply your expertise and insights to ensure effective, efficient capability-building by targeting the critical skills and behaviors that help CBIers achieve the “what” (business results) through the “how” (CBI’s values-aligned competencies + function-specific skills).
This role sits within CBI’s People Development function and integrates with onboarding, career progression, performance development, talent management, and employee engagement. It reports into the Senior Director of People Development.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Work closely with CBI leadership and the People Development team to understand business priorities and skill gaps, driving the design and execution of scalable blended learning experiences across onboarding, function-specific learning, professional development, and leadership development
- Design and develop innovative and modern learning solutions to ensure learning is impactful, personalized, engaging, and accessible
- Collaborate with People Development leadership to link L&D programming with CB Insights’ performance and engagement evaluative processes
- Establish training processes and systems that help the People Development function scale effectively with the organization
- Research, select, and manage resources, both internal and vendors to develop and deliver training on time and with high quality
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of learning solutions that have been implemented and continuously improve delivery methods based on data
- Own creation of on-brand graphic and instructional design content
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience managing an L&D function, preferably in a SaaS or fast-growing startup environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Knowledge of and passion for adult education science and best practices; you stay abreast of and geek out about L&D trends, technologies, and practices
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing learning platforms/technology
- Bachelor's degree in adult education, cognitive sciences, human resource development, and/or related discipline is strongly preferred
- Agility to experiment, obtain data, learn, and iterate on plans that progress towards the accomplishment of strategic goals
This role will be right for you if:
- You love using data to make informed decisions about Learning & Development initiatives
- You are analytical in nature, and easily connect Learning & Development initiatives to business outcomes
- You value learning and stay up to date with new trends in the Learning & Development space
- You are naturally collaborative and open in your work style and love being part of a high functioning team
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!