Build and optimize our sales operations. Own sales planning. Build smart processes & infrastructure. Collaborate with our Sales, Customer Success and Finance teams.
The Role You’ll Play:
The Sales Operations Manager will build, execute and develop sales planning & operations at CBI. You will own our overall sales planning process from goal-setting and incentives alignment through results measurement and commissions payout. You will help level-up our sales operations to keep pace with the scaling of our go-to-market organization, which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
You will play a critical role in RevOps and our go-to-market organization - reporting to our VP of RevOps and partnering with teams across Sales, Customer Success, and Finance to drive smart revenue processes and impact.
You will help us instill structure and processes to scale, refine our approach to the market, and drive revenue impact at a high-growth SaaS company.
About the Go-to-market and RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, and are a pillar for tripling our company’s revenue again in coming quarters.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. ‘supporting sales’), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing and rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), and build an innovative and ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold and hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn and failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, and ‘build the flywheel’ to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO and comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement and RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Manage our sales planning process across goal-setting, resource allocation, commissions planning & payout, and projected results
- Drive our quarterly and annual revenue planning process - managing our goal-setting, headcount planning, incentives alignment and rollout process
- Own and optimize our incentives alignment and payout process for Sales and Customer Success, in partnership with Finance
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success and Enablement team to refine our processes
- Launch improvements to critical processes - from customer segmentation to expansion forecasting
- Help manage Sales process adherence for sales and CS reps
- Assist with onboarding and training of new Sales and CS team members
- Run Sales and Revenue financial reporting
- Create monthly and quarterly content for executive presentations and external reporting
- Build and maintain dashboards to inform reps, managers and leadership of relevant results
- Track and measure key performance and projection metrics such as pipeline generation, quota achievement
- Partner with RevOps team and other stakeholders in refining our infrastructure
- Help refine our financial reporting and CRM infrastructure into a single source of truth that scales
- Help build our variable pricing model and infrastructure - including pricing tools and/or a CPQ process
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in enterprise Sales Operations with several years of experience in running sales planning and operations processes
- Experienced in collaborating with Sales teams including managing incentives plans and commissions reconciliation
- Top-class analytics skills - advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of Salesforce
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact.
- Team player - enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative culture and lifting up others
- Understands the prospect through customer lifecycle from a revenue economics and staffing perspective
- Excellent communicator
- Proficient across the RevTech stack -- in particular Salesforce, forecasting tools. Bonus points for experience with Intacct or Conga. BI tool experience a plus.
- Experience with pricing analysis and CPQ a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Financial and/or accounting background a plus.
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You’re knowledgeable and innovative: You know the playbooks that work elsewhere, and build the ones that works for CBI
- You’re a true owner: You have an ownership mindset and instill it in your team. You set an example for owning and learning from wins, failures and bets.
- You focus on results: You don’t believe in vanity metrics, and believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- You’re collaborative and to build something great together: You believe in shared wins and want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success and vice versa
- You ‘draw the owl’
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness and who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!