Identify, test and scale revenue opportunities. Level-up our RevTech stack and build new capabilities. Inspire, lead and collaborate.
The Role You’ll Play:
The Director of Revenue Operations will help build and scale our RevOps team and impact at CBI. You will help design the strategy, build and maintain our infrastructure, level-up our analytics, and optimize our go-to-market organization which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success and Marketing.
You will be a critical leader in our go-to-market organization - reporting to our VP of RevOps and partnering with leadership and teams across Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Finance and Product to drive step-change revenue outcomes and impact.
You will help us innovate data-driven approaches to growth, lead your own team, and launch strategic projects to drive revenue at a high-growth SaaS company.
About the Go-to-market and RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, and are a pillar for tripling our company’s revenue again in coming quarters.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. ‘supporting sales’), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing and rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), and build an innovative and ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold and hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn and failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, and ‘build the flywheel’ to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO and comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement and RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead and inspire
- Manage two to three team members upfront, building up your team over time
- Act as an effective and caring people-leader -- developing and attracting talent, and helping scaling our team and company culture.
- Help level-up our insights on our business and market.
- Ideate and evaluate hypotheses for improving outcomes across our revenue funnel
- Help demystify our prospect to customer journey - codifying actionable learnings in partnership with Enablement.
- Own revenue infrastructure.
- Identify systems opportunities, build new processes and capabilities.
- Be a primary owner of our overall revtech stack, and own the roadmap to keep us two steps ahead.
- Own and execute step-change initiatives.
- Partner with our GTM leadership team to identify and launch step-change strategic opportunities - for example, the launch of new channels or greenfield markets.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to improve or reimagine parts of our revenue funnel
- Key contributor to quarterly prioritization and OKRs.
- Help launch a ‘Revenue Lab’ to continuously test improvements to our prospect through customer journey
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in enterprise Revenue / Sales Operations with 7+ years of experience
- Experience building and leading teams -- compassionate, empathetic and effective people leader known for developing talent
- Experienced with sales and marketing functions in high-growth SaaS startups -- and in collaborating effectively with multiple revenue functions
- Top-class problem-solver -- quickly translate ambiguity into structured problem-solving and actionable recommendations
- Top-class analytics skills - can easily translate large datasets into clear, publishable insights
- Experienced across the full revenue funnel from the prospect through customer journey -- understand this journey from a customer experience, revenue economics, and staffing perspective
- Proficient across the RevTech stack -- including Salesforce, Hubspot (or other marketing automation), forecasting tools, customer success software, and workflow infrastructure such as LeanData. You understand all SFDC admin capabilities (validation rules, process builders, etc.) - and can apply this expertise to guide the team and build yourself when needed.
- Experienced with agile methodologies and sprint planning. JIRA familiarity preferred
- Excellent communicator
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Financial and/or consulting background a plus.
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You’re knowledgeable and innovative: You know the playbooks that work elsewhere, and build the ones that works for CBI
- You’re a true owner: You have an ownership mindset and instill it in your team. You set an example for owning and learning from wins, failures and bets.
- You focus on results: You don’t believe in vanity metrics, and believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- You’re collaborative and to build something great together: You believe in shared wins and want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success and vice versa
- You ‘draw the owl’
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness and who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!