1% down. Want to help us capture the other 99%?.
CB Insights is looking for an SVP of Business Development - a a hands-on enterprise sales executive who wants to drive aggressive growth.
We’ll dig into the importance of the role below, but first, some data on the growth of CB Insights.
- 2015 - 66 teammates
- 2016 - 104 teammates
- 2017 - 168 teammates
- 2018 - 209 teammates
- 2019 - 292
- Today - 300+ and growing
Over that same period, our revenues have grown 800% without burning any money.
Underpinning this growth is the CB Insights Technology Intelligence platform which is going after a vast market (which we’ve only penetrated 1%) and a great team with top talent across all levels. Additionally during the past 6 months we have thrived - adding new datasets to our platform and done our first 2 M&A transactions.
That is the great news.
Now, what we need is for someone with expertise that will take us to the next level. And to do this, we are hiring for an SVP of Sales.
What does the next level look like: developing new capabilities to help us grow from 50M to 200M+, capturing the vast majority of the potential market we've not captured and deepening relationships with our existing Fortune 500 accounts
This will entail flawless execution on focused strategies and the repeatable process and systems necessary for us to get to the next level. Specifically, the SVP will own and drive:
- Develop, retain and lead a strong sales team
- Expand our presence within Fortune 500 clients, and increase our ability to structure and close large enterprise deals
- Land on new markets and revenue streams, including selling to mid market, SMBs, channel partnerships, etc
- Hit aggressive growth goals while focusing on increasing LTV and lowering CAC
- Designing and owning all relevant aspects of the sales cycle, including segmentation strategies, account mapping, and pricing
About the Business Development team:
Our team of 80+ is a best-in-class sales team attacking a very large B2B market. Working on the BD team at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to work with a group of individuals that are the embodiment of collaboration, perseverance, and success. This group works together to hit very lofty new revenue targets, while also being able to take time to cultivate stronger relationships with prospective clients.
You will lead a group of VP’s and Directors (Sales + Sales Development), to success and report directly to the COO.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- SIgnificantly transform and improve our ability to generate revenues in our current markets
- Grow and develop a team of tenacious salespeople, driven by a culture of high standards, hunger, and healthy competition
- Build scalable & strategic systems for lead sourcing, qualification, and conversion
- Evaluate, build and scale new markets, sales channels and segmented approach to different types of clients, including pricing, offering model and sales model
- Move beyond pipeline management and help our team strategize regarding their accounts, segments, and top of funnel engagement
- Be a listening post in the market to recognize market trends and competitor activity
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a Saas based technology company
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of a Saas company metrics and funnel combined with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions
- Experience in structuring, selling and negotiating $1m+ enterprise deals
- Proven track record in managing environment that combine accelerated revenue growth, transformation, innovation and efficiencies at the same time
- Experience with strategizing, and executing on big changes, while also preparing and supporting the team in organizational changes.
- You work smart and hard. You have high standards for you and your team’s work
- You have high standards and challenge and coach members of your team to deliver valuable client experience under aggressive goals
- You see the big picture, but also sweat the details
- You embrace that speed of execution is a weapon for a growth company
- You are a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences. Great judgment, prioritization and clarity of thought is important in both written and verbal communication
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!