Help us make a great product better.
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured and unstructured data, use scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
CB Insights is seeking a Lead Test Engineer who can help guide our software testing efforts in designing and implementing automated systems that test our products. Our software under test includes our SaaS platform which is fronted by a web app, a mobile app, and a microservices backend (with data processing jobs and data science jobs).
The mission for the role of Lead Test Engineer is to standardize, evolve, and unify our automated testing efforts to ensure our tests are deterministic, fast to run and easy to understand. This person will lead our engineering testing practice and work across the department's engineering teams to define initiatives to improve our code/productivity by educating the teams on how to write code that is easier to test, as well as leading our software testing efforts.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located and this role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
Your main tasks:
- Lead the engineering testing practice to
- Guide and evangelize our overall software testing process
- Coordinate the implementation of our testing infrastructure across various languages and software disciplines
- Define and set our expectations around good and bad software tests
- Work with test engineers and product managers to create detailed testing plans for projects
- Provide technical guidance to our Test Engineers on the various software teams
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about automated testing and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Strong programming skills obtained through any means (self-thought, code academy, university degree or any other way)
- Proven ability to guide and influence the testing practices of an organization
- A desire to constantly improve your skills and the software system
- An analytical and detail-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
- Experience with, and a desire to, follow an Agile and Lean approach to software development (we follow a variant of Scrum and use Jira)
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!