Strategically lead. Engage prospects. Drive growth.
The role you'll play:
CB Insights is attacking a very large market. You will lead Account Executives in their efforts to engage future clients and close new clients. As a Director, you must be able to strategize and operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while staying hands-on with your team.
About the BD Team:
If you want to increase growth and develop long-term strategies for a best-in-class sales team, then this is the place for you. Working on the BD team at CB Insights gives you the opportunity to work with a group of individuals that are the embodiment of collaboration, perseverance, and success. This group works together to hit very lofty new revenue targets, while also being able to take time to cultivate stronger relationships with prospective clients. If you want to grow your career, work with some incredible minds in sales, and be a part of a motivated yet supportive team, the Business Development Director role at CB Insights is perfect for you.
Your main tasks:
- Strategize top marketplace opportunities while also actively engaging new customers, developing proposals, and leading deal framing
- Lead a team of Account Executives to ensure that qualified leads are converted to paid clients
- Partner with marketing and product to develop strategies to increase top of funnel conversion
- Participate and lead client and prospect meetings
- Manage pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast
- Foster a learning culture, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team
- Recruit, develop train, and motivate a group of high achieving A-players, based on CBI’s company values
- Manage complex negotiations with large corporate partners and close large deals
- Train and develop staff to be effective in all stages of the sales funnel
- Manage the goals of the sales team through the CRM and provide transparency to the executive team
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas with peers and leaders
- Willing to risk comfort level and step into unknown projects/tasks
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years in software sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals
- 2+ years people leadership experience; directly managing AEs
- Proven record of strong commercial and strategic intuition; showcase your ability to exercise good judgment when deal framing, negotiations, and assessment of opportunities
- Expertise with CRMs, CRM reporting, and sales automation tools (Salesforce, Salesloft Cadence, TryProspect, Outreach)
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.