The Role You'll Play:
CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit (IU) is hiring an Editorial Intern to work closely with the Editorial team on copyediting, fact checking, producing, promoting, and writing our tech and strategy-focused research.
While the internship will be editing-focused, interns will have the opportunity to experience a bit of everything that goes on in the office, and learn more about the technologies, industries, and career paths that most interest them. Duties will include editorial responsibilities ranging from editing and fact-checking to pitching ideas and updating content and team resources.
About the IU Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. IU offers a unique opportunity to both work at a well-established startup and spend the day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, and market trends of tomorrow. Our analysts and editors come from diverse backgrounds spanning journalism, investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, and more.
The Editorial team on the IU touches all of our content — from major data-driven reports to our daily newsletters, read by 600,000+ subscribers — to ensure our research is clear, compelling, accurate, and relevant to our readers. (We are also believers in the Oxford comma.)
Check out some of our recent content at https://www.cbinsights.com/research/.
Your Main Task:
This role will help drive best-in-class tech business research across a range of topics, from artificial intelligence and fintech to alternative proteins and the future of fashion.
- Line edit, copy edit, and fact check research briefs, reports, and decks
- Support research for our tech- and strategy-focused content
- Edit infographics for content, clarity, and visual consistency
- Update top-performing pieces
- Update team documentation, such as the CB Insights style guide
- Other projects as needed
- Excellent copyediting, fact checking, line editing, and writing skills
- Close attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for research and accuracy
- Strong grasp of numbers and data
- Unflappability in the face of shifting priorities and daily deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Interest in learning about tech startups, venture capital, public markets, and business strategy
- Rising senior