Lead a high performing team. Build scalable and reliable cloud based infrastructure. Automate and secure.
The Role You’ll Play
As the DevOps Manager at CB Insights you will lead a high performing team geared towards optimizing the velocity at which we deliver software.
Our DevOps Managers’ main responsibilities are to build and foster a collaborative team, champion state-of-the-art patterns such as Infrastructure as Code and Immutable Infrastructure, as well as pave the path for the future of our systems. The ideal candidate has the technical chops to dive into the code, but also has the proven ability to provide technical leadership for projects while inspiring a team of DevOps engineers.
This is a technical and managerial position working across our entire stack of AWS services and infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, and Observability tools, while also partnering closely with our Engineering Managers to ensure we are providing the appropriate compliments to enable their success.
About the DevOps team
Sparta is an automation first cloud based DevOps team. Our goals include maximizing developer productivity through fine tuned CI/CD pipelines, automated and scalable infrastructure, and robust systems monitoring. We promote a highly collaborative atmosphere both within our team as well as across the other teams within CB Insights. We believe continuous learning and adherence to the DevOps philosophy are the keys to success.
Your Main Tasks
- Strategy and leadership - Collaborate on building a vision for where we need to be for DevOps and infrastructure, and assist in managing a plan for how to move towards the vision.
- DevOps - Support the engineering teams with infrastructure and tools for automatically building, deploying and running applications with a goal of 100% automation and observability
- AWS - Build, evolve and manage AWS infrastructure and services that runs our SaaS product
- Security - Ensure our SaaS product and infrastructure is secure and up to date with the latest security measures
- Platform reliability and production support - Lead and manage the incident management and escalation process to provide 24/7 support of our SaaS application
What you bring to the table
- Expert knowledge of cloud computing and AWS with experience building environments that meet high availability and reliability criteria
- Hands on experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment, experience with Gitlab a plus
- Experience with container architecture and systems (such as Docker) and container orchestration tools (such as Nomad or Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of Microservices and supporting patterns (Service Discovery - Consul, Service Mesh - Envoy, Circuit Breakers, etc)
- 7+ years Linux system administration
- 5+ years scripting experience with a focus on Python, Go, and Bash
- 4+ years leading an operations team and managing DevOps engineers
- 3+ years experience deploying infrastructure using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with full Hashicorp stack a plus (Nomad, Consul, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.