Enable the growth of an industry-leading research team. Build a broad range of skills including project management and business analytics.
The role you’ll play:
The Research Ops Associate assists in establishing systems and enhancing performance for all areas of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit (IU). Working with the team’s leadership, you’ll help the team be efficient and build and reinforce new processes even amid significant growth. Among other tasks, the associate will manage the coordination of team projects, help maintain a suite of analytics dashboards; support IU staff with custom data analysis projects. The role suits versatile early-career candidates interested in project management, content planning, and analytics.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Document new research processes and methodologies
- Establish the coordination of project activities and ensure the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Ensure adherence to deadlines.
- May organize, lead and facilitate project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of research projects and develop uniform procedures for storing and keeping appropriate documentation.
- Provide feedback to improve processes as appropriate
- Tracks project changes and produce updated schedules and calendars/timelines as required.
- Maintain dashboards that monitor research performance
- Locating and organizing business intelligence on an ad-hoc basis to provide information to Research Ops and IU leadership
- Curate and maintain data-automation tools and resources; help Ops build automated processes where possible
- BA/BS required (Economics, Organizational Research, or equivalent education and work experience in an analytical or quantitative role)
- Superior organizational and communications skills
- Comfort in holding others’ accountable without direct authority
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite (Google sheets preferred)
- Interest in learning SQL and Python, and a demonstrated capacity to learn technical skills quickly
Not required, but a plus if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in project coordination or equivalent role preferred
- SQL experience
- Experience with BI tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Venture Capital industry and startup ecosystem knowledge
- Experience working in an operations or planning and analysis role
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.