The Role You’ll Play:
The Research & Development (R&D) Intern will be embedded in our data science team. You will have a chance to participate in all aspects of R&D work: early assessment, data processing, and ML implementation. Most of what you'd be doing will have to do with extraction of insights from non-structured textual information. That's the name of the game in the current state of Machine Learning and you'll have a chance to apply it to a rich data set and exciting real-life problems. Unlike in finance and advertising data science work you'll have a very clear understanding of the problem you are working on and will be proud on the results.
About the Data Science Team:
You'll be joining a small and very motivated team doing interesting and quite unique work in NLP and knowledge discovery. You'll get access to rich and interesting data and an opportunity to work on meaningful use-cases. Here is your chance to be all you can be. We work autonomously, and own many of the core components that power the CBI platform and so our work has a big impact for our clients and for our long term vision as a company. Our team is highly collaborative (we work closely with the rest of engineering team) and values planning, design sessions, and feedback through code reviews.
Your Main Task:
Your main task will surround working on key aspects of Research and Development work, including but not limited to data processing, early assessment, and ML implementation.
- Work in teams to write, review and ultimately deliver production-quality code over two week sprints
- Find exciting insights that we haven't uncovered yet
- Have an opportunity to work with cutting edge NLP methods and advanced ML pipelines.
- Demo your output to the team at large (during Demo Day)
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Working towards BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Python coding skills
- Proficiency developing in a Linux environment
- Relational database proficiency a plus (e.g. MySql, PostgreSQL, Redshift)
- Familiarity with Machine learning/NLP is a plus
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- US Citizen or Green Card holder