Drive Efficiency. Data-Driven Mindset. Continuous Improvement.
The Role You’ll Play:
CB Insights is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager. As part of the Demand Generation team within Marketing, you’ll be charged with managing (and improving!) the processes, tools, and data that are critical to executing campaigns across the funnel.
About the Marketing Team:
The marketing team at CB Insights is big on team collaboration. Team members are willing to jump in, even if it is out of their job responsibilities and work together to get goals across the finish line. There is never a dumb question, we are always willing to sit down and talk to each other and share our knowledge. The team has a work hard play hard mentality. Hard work is valued and building relationships with team members is equally as important.
Your Main Tasks:
- Owning the end-to-end tactical management of marketing campaigns as they pertain to marketing operations (automation, data collection, reporting, etc.)
- Beyond campaigns, ensuring a cohesive data flow across all of our channels (digital, email, social, paid, etc.)
- Owning and optimizing our marketing tech stack ALONG with other teams (i.e. Revenue Operations)
- Managing the lead handoff from marketing to sales (i.e. improving our scoring & routing processes)
- Supporting the other marketing functions -- content mktg, customer mktg, and product mktg -- in executing and reporting on their initiatives
- Optimize and audit existing systems and processes, identify marketing funnel and program improvement areas and optimize performance to increase conversions
- Scoping and prioritizing technical needs for the marketing team in conjunction with our developers
- Researching new ways to enrich data while ensuring our business meets best practices for marketing and data privacy
The challenges we are most excited about (and hope you are too!):
- Middle-of-Funnel conversion
- Identifying and optimizing response time on re-engaging leads
- Using our hugely diverse database of content to create hyper-personalized content to different audiences
- Aligning initiatives to different parts of the buyer journey
What you bring to the table:
- Exceptional expertise in marketing automation platforms (Hubspot, Marketo, or similar) and Salesforce is required, certifications a strong plus
- Minimum of 3+ years of marketing experience in a marketing operations within a B2B company is required
- Outstanding attention to detail and process management/improvement
- Quickly grasp and help shape strategy, purpose, vision, goals and objectives, with a goal-oriented and results-driven mindset
- Ability to take a complex problem, or lofty goal, and produce a plan for optimal success
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects in alignment with departmental and company goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to collaborate well across teams, excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience working in a high-growth technology/SaaS startup a plus
- Experience in market intelligence a plus
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!