Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to drive business.
If you are a coding fanatic and passionate about building awesome products, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our products and are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data sets and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The role you'll play:
As a Senior Backend Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our backend software engineers work across the stack, building beautiful user interfaces, robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
You will be part of a remote-first team where every team member works remotely from anywhere in the USA. Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in all candidates.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white-hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative, “teach and learn” culture where the role evolves with your interests.
About the team:
This team is one of the first remote teams because we want to be able to hire the most talented individuals no matter where they live. So if you want to work on a team where people care for each other, where you can be yourself, where your experience counts and where you can learn from your peers, this is your team. Help us build an awesome product that our customers love and have fun along the way.
Our team is one of the primary feature team’s, meaning we will partner with product and then work end-to-end to implement new features to our platform.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your main tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience in Go or Python
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL)
- Professional experience building API’s and Microservices
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Helpful, Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.