Our Strategic Analytics & Special Project team is looking for a motivated, curious and collaborative Junior Analyst.
Love using data to answer novel business questions? Thrive working across teams to discover insights and drive action? Looking to accelerate your analytics career in a high-growth environment? This role is for you.
- You love to dig through data to understand how things work.
- You’re excited to push boundaries, dive into uncharted territory to discover new insights, work with new tools, and learn/grow.
- You’re a great partner to less technical business users - asking meaningful questions, succinctly explaining technical concepts, and helping teams learn to self-serve their analytics needs.
- You are curious about business questions and how data/analysis can be used to drive results.
- Execute analysis and make data-driven recommendations for key projects/strategies, both on long-term and ad-hoc projects.
- Partner with teams to answer unstructured business questions. Includes scoping needs, running queries/analysis, presenting results and building ongoing reporting where needed.
- Improve and expand reporting & dashboards used throughout CBI. Includes working on automated, scalable, clear deliverables that track company performance and drive action.
- Push CBI’s data-driven culture to the next level through continued education and ability to apply statistical methodologies to analysis
- Identify inconsistencies in data and analytical approaches, seek out root causes, propose and implement improvements
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting/analyses
- Educate non-technical uses
- Analyze, forecast, and build reporting for key performance metrics. Present analysis of these metrics to senior stakeholders.
- Manage Looker instance and support business users.
- Support large-scale, cross-team analytics and data infrastructure projects. Includes project management support, evaluating data sources & technical solutions, and communicating findings/progress.
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting, involving large datasets and multiple data sources, with ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights.
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume data from varying sources.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative/analytical role, preferably for an internet or technology company.
- Experience in using tools like Tableau/Looker for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn quickly and adopt new tools.
- Ability to execute analytics projects, and generate practical results and recommendations, based on open-ended questions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable succinctly explaining analysis and technical topics to executive audience and non-technical users.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Proven ability to partner effectively with internal teams to identify needs and deliver accurate, scalable, actionable analysis.
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match (match eligible after first year)
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.