Love numbers? Passionate about GAAP? Keeping reading.
We are currently seeking a talented Controller, with a CPA license and team management experience. A strong candidate will have experience in public accounting and be an expert in audit best practice and deadline driven.
The Controller will manage the Accounting team, supervising G/L, A/R, A/P and Payroll, preparation of monthly financial statements and customer invoicing. In addition, you will be the point person with our outside auditors and tax accountants. This position reports to the SVP of Finance and Ops.
- Supervise accounting staff for functions such as billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and others.
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL
reconciliations, cash management, revenue recognition and project reporting as
- Manage the work and development of staff members consisting of a full time senior accountant and an accountant through regular performance reviews, training and mentorship
- Lead annual audit process and manage relationship with external auditor
- Automate and prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
- Provide monthly spend reports, actuals vs budget to department heads, with a view to identify, explain and correct variances as appropriate
- Manage overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial analyses and other projects as requested.
- Create and develop internal controls, accounting policy, financial procedures, travel policy and operational processes
- Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- CPA with public accounting required
- 5+ years in accounting with 1+ years in a controller position
- 1+ years experience in Intacct or Netsuite accounting system preferred
- 1+ years team management experience required
- Technical GAAP expertise, with experience in technology/software companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative -- always looking for ways to improve accuracy, processes and productivity
- Superb planning, organization and coordination skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- SaaS industry experience preferred
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.