CB4 is a fast-growing machine learning & AI SAAS company revolutionizing and empowering operations and IT teams in brick and mortar retail chains. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Pereg Ventures, we have offices in New York and Israel, and are ready to expand our Solutions Team with a Python Engineer.
In this role, you will be empowered to develop both ad hoc and scalable solutions to technical problems while also developing new products for end-users. We have a lean team, which requires each of us to expertly manage the execution of tasks, communicate frequently at a task and strategy level, and take a hands-on approach to every aspect of our CS initiatives. You must be comfortable working as part of a team and independently to accomplish our shared milestones and KPIs.
- Convert detailed requirements into tangible solutions while meeting deadlines and acceptance criteria.
- Meeting customer requests and software SLAs using your experience in python.
- Architect and execute end-to-end data pipelines which may include: accessing remote sites, API integrations, query design/optimization, automation/scheduling, and logging/alerting.
- Navigate and permission Windows and Linux environments in support of our production application infrastructure.
- Create, permission, and maintain Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environments.
- Loves Python and has 3+ years of professional experience using the language.
- 3+ years of experience as a software or data engineer.
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL and relational data.
- 2+ years of experience with Python data analysis tools: pandas, numpy, and sklearn.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Understands engineering best practices, knowledge of different infrastructures/platforms, and has experience with development methodologies.
Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of experience at a SaaS company or retail organization.
- 2+ years of experience using Git and for source control.
- 1+ year of experience using Jenkins for automation and testing.
- Experience with large data sets, parallelization, or distributed processing.
- Self-starter: you can work successfully within a team and independently
- Process-oriented: you understand that for everything to work seamlessly, it’s essential for processes to be in place and to be consistent.
- Organized: you can move between tasks effortlessly, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- A general interest in AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science.