The main responsibility of the Vehicle Inspector will be to Identify bodywork defects on vehicles within our Vehicle Preparation Department.
About this role and the impact you will have:
- Inspecting all stock vehicles entering the preparation department in a timely manner.
- Identifying all areas of concern including scratches, dents and poor previous repairs.
- Allocating rectification to correct department i.e. Bodyshop or SMART repair.
- Liaising with the Bodyshop and SMART department management teams.
- Monitoring all vehicles on premises for any damage caused after arrival.
- Reporting Health and Safety issues to shift management immediately.
- Raising major issues to shift management as soon as possible.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Achieving the KPI’s attributed to this role.
Skills and experience required:
- A good level of experience within a Vehicle Inspection/Assessment and/or Bodyshop position.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- Proven organisational skills and effective communicator.
- Have a flexible and ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Disciplined and process driven.
- Fast paced mindset.
- Keen eye for detail
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)