- Location: Swynnerton Road, Cold Meece, Staffordshire, ST15 0GR
- Hours: Full Time 40.25 Hours per week MON-SUN (5/5/4 Shift Pattern)
We're looking for an exceptional Bodyshop Prepper to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Bodyshop Prepper will be responsible for preparing vehicle components in an efficient manner ensures the correct procedures are being followed. You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas. Reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing vehicles for painting, as per the detailed instruction, and using appropriate
tools to rub down paintwork where small dents or chips are located.
- Preparing vehicles with masking paper to protect areas not required for painting.
- Rubbing down primer to a smooth finish.
- Using primer to cover chips or filled dents.
- Using the appropriate filling material, where small chips or dents need filling.
- After painting, using fine paper to remove blemishes and dirt in the paint.
- Attending all training programmes as necessary and when instructed.
- Using orbital sanders to remove small chips in the paint.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working area at all times.
- Sending completed vehicles to the valeting team.
- Rubbing down filler to a smooth finish.
- De-masking any masking paper.
Required skills and experience:
- Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e. Prepper, Bodyshop / Bodyworks Operative, MET Technician, Strip & Refit etc
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Team player.
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.