Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
We're looking for an exceptional Team Lead Delivery and Fleet Planning (m/f/d) to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Team Lead Delivery and Planning (m/f/d) will be responsible for the logistics and dispatching of our vehicles and, together with your team of Delivery & Planning Specialists, you will be the primary contact with our customers, our own delivery drivers and logistics service providers, dealers and hubs.
You report regularly to the Head of Planning and design an optimal, customer-oriented logistics strategy in coordination with him/her.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practice to improve efficiency of car delivery to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Navigating the truck / van fleet for customer deliveries. You are responsible as an essential interface to our customer support team by coordinating (order and route planning) and optimal utilization our transporter fleet within Spain
- You are responsible for the planning, analysis and implementation of all logistics topics, starting with the delivery of new and used vehicles to our hubs, through the distribution of vehicles across Europe to the delivery to our customers
- You define, coordinate and control the entire logistics and related KPIs. In doing so, you will primarily improve lead times, reduce costs for transports and optimize unit economics
- You plan and control the delivery of new and used vehicles with our own fleet of our transporters to customers in cooperation with the respective hub managers
- You ensure optimal delivery times in order to maintain a minimum turnaround time
- Building and leading a team for your entire logistics area of customer oriented and data-driven team-members
- You and your team work in supportive collaboration with different departments to create a smooth customer experience (e.g. purchasing, used car production, legal) and also external partners
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in business administration or comparable qualification
- Several years of relevant, professional experience in a comparable position in logistics, supply chain management, freight forwarding, fleet management or in building (hub) transport networks.
- You have already successfully proven your competence to lead teams, have a strategic-analytical as well as a hands-on mindset
- You have already worked with external partners in logistics and freight forwarding and know their processes.
- Very good communication skills, negotiation skills and persuasiveness are your main characteristics in dealing with internal and external colleagues
- Fast comprehension, strong understanding of numbers and independent, structured and goal-oriented way of working with high reliability
- You enjoy entrepreneurial dynamics and have a strong creative drive
- Business fluent in Spanish and English as well as further language skills for upcoming rollouts are an advantage