Our mission is to transform the car buying and selling experience across the UK & Europe by providing better selection, value, transparency, convenience and peace of mind and we are looking for an exceptional Head of Sponsorship (Europe) to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo. This role can be based in Paris, Munich or Barcelona with frequent Europe wide travel to partners / events / matches.
In the UK Cazoo has rapidly become one of the largest sports sponsors with an impressive portfolio that now includes two top Premier League football teams (Aston Villa and Everton), The Hundred (cricket’s newest format), the English Football League (across all 72 clubs), Welsh Rugby Union, the Rugby League World Cup 2021, The European Tour (Golf), The Cazoo Derby Festival and St Leger Festival (Racing) and multiple snooker & darts events including the Players Championship, Tour Championship and World Grand Prix.
We are now looking for an experienced Head of Sponsorship who will lead the activation, management and seamless implementation of rights across Europe and ensure key internal stakeholder groups are updated on progress and status of the various partnerships. The Head of Sponsorship in Europe will ensure rights are fully executed in a timely manner and evaluate and maximise ROI across the portfolio whilst constantly looking for ways to extract additional value from the existing relationships.
The successful candidate will collaborate with a cross functional team (legal, design, brand, PR/social) across the business when required and will be supported with country Sponsorship Managers and report into the Group Communications & Sponsorship Director.
What you'll be doing
- Management and seamless delivery and implementation of all sponsorships in Europe
- Build strong working relationships across all rights holders to maximise value
- Lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team to facilitate timely activation of rights
- Ensure full value is derived and ongoing contract auditing processes are in place
- Ensure correct internal approval and sign off process is agreed / in place
- Constantly review that the Cazoo brand is represented consistently across the portfolio
- Implement evaluation methods to help understand value and aid future negotiations
- Ensure hospitality and ticketing processes run smoothly and full value extracted for customers, staff and stakeholders
- Create meticulous planning and critical path management for campaign delivery
- Propose additional opportunities that complement & add value to existing agreed rights
- Manage, track and assess budgets and costs of delivering contracts
- Communicate successes with internal teams and the wider business
- Deliver campaigns aligned to commercial / brand objectives & KPIs
- Support and develop the sponsorship team in Europe and work closely with the UK team
- Extensive experience working in the sports sponsorship space with in-depth experience working agency, rights holder and brand side across a variety of sports in Europe
- Have a proven track record of leading successful partnership teams and developing strong working relationships
- You will be a planner, be in the detail and thrive on delivering and measuring results
- You will be driven by success and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and fast paced working environment
- Solutions focused, great at problem solving and coming up with solutions to provide the best experience
- You'll be someone with a real 'Can Do' attitude, not afraid to roll their sleeves up with an ability to work and deliver results at pace
- You will have a proven track record of managing and supporting a team
- You will be happy to travel extensively across Europe and ideally
- Customer obsessed - We put the customer first in everything we do. Every interaction matters. We want to be famous for delivering the best experience and wowing our customers.
- Data driven - Data is part of our DNA and drives all decision making. We are informed and results driven. We seek insights and understanding that will help us improve and grow.
- Fast drivers - We have an entrepreneurial passion for working at speed. We like to accelerate and don’t hang around. We make decisions and drive fast towards our goals.
- Team players - We are better as a team than as individuals. Everyone counts. We’re inclusive, supportive and respectful and are here to have fun and win together on this journey.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial call with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with the hiring manager and stakeholders across the business.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.