- Location: Thurleigh, Bedford, MK44 2YP
- Hours: Full Time 40.25 Hours per week MON-SUN (06.00 - 18.00 on 5/5/4 Shift Pattern)
- Salary: Between £35,000 - £39,000 per annum (depending on experience)
The Paint Technician will be responsible for painting all vehicles using our dedicated paint system to our refinishing standard. The Paint Technician plays a key role in delivering quality of finish, speed, efficiency and ensuring the customers expected standard is delivered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform all refinish procedures ensuring all formulations, preparation, top coating and curing to meet with recommended standards for proper application sequence, timing and material usage
- Prioritise work efficiently to meet deadlines ensuring awareness of urgent vehicles and due out dates
- Select, match and mix colours
- Prepare spray out cards to ensure perfect colour match
- Ensure areas to be treated are properly masked out
- Primer application to areas that need to be treated
- Ensure colour libraries are updated and maintained regularly
- Identify rectification issues and report them to Line Manager
- Quality control checks carried out on completion to ensure no defects on work
- Consistently utilise all required safety equipment and P.P.E.
- Use the electronic management system for accurate recording of work assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant qualification i.e. ATA, NVQ, BTEC, City & Guilds and/or a minimum of three years’ experience
- Proven experience of delivering high quality finishes
- Knowledge of water based spraying skills
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Team player
We want to keep everyone at Cazoo happy and healthy, as such we offer a great benefit package which includes:
- 23.5 days holidays and an extra day for your birthday.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Up to 5% salary matched pension scheme
- Wellbeing and healthcare benefits
- Training and development opportunities
Plus many many more!
Founded in 2018, Cazoo is backed by leading investors and has a highly experienced team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.