Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours. Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Cazoo is preparing to launch its full proposition in Germany and across Europe giving customers the option of purchasing, financing or subscribing to thousands of cars on its platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for a product person with a background in market localisation and a passion for scaling technology to market. Successful candidates will have experience in program management and working in highly collaborative environments across Product verticals, Design, UX, Engineering, Data Privacy, Science, Operations, Marketing, Customer Service and more. They will have an understanding of the global competitive landscape and emerging trends, partnering across the organization to ensure global development is top of mind, and developing plans to drive customer engagement and lifetime value for customers in every country Cazoo expands to. They will have demonstrated experience program managing large, complex, high-visibility programs across the organisation in a way that keeps everyone organised and accountable in the pursuit of global expansion. The right prioritisation is key. They’ll be data-driven, naturally curious, and have the ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- Drive the definition, development and delivery of best-in-class international experiences and technologies.
- Translate the needs of each market into product requirements and user stories that Engineering, Product Design, Product Analytics and other Product teams can rally around.
- Own the international roadmap and influence the roadmap of other Product teams for market expansion.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation, owning and holding others accountable for requirements to enter new markets.
- Partner with Product Design to develop systems that allow for seamless customer experience in local markets.
- Partner with Engineering to develop technology and a playbook that creates scalable and repeatable solutions and increases speed to market.
- Define specific requirements, evaluate implementation options, make recommendations and drive prioritisation following a data-driven prioritisation approach.
- Act as a subject matter expert in international requirements and regulations.
- Manage and meet the needs of senior stakeholders, report on program status and post-launch metrics, and escalate to drive decision-making.
- Proven experience in product development, working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else)
- Dual track (Discovery and Delivery) experience; at Cazoo we are big fans of Marty Cagan.
- Proven experience launching complex products/programs in a highly matrixed and fast paced environment.
- Track record in working collaboratively, aligning teams and driving cross-functional decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent stakeholder management skills and demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Proven experience in product development and internationalisation.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and practical planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills and significant experience using data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to identify and drive user research to better understand the needs and priorities of Cazoo customers in any international segment.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, flexible regarding priorities and business needs.