Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We’re looking for a multi-skilled highly motivated individual to join our team as a Credit Specialist. You should have previous experience in a Credit Operations or affordability assessment role, and a sound understanding of Customer Due Diligence.
You will need to ensure that all applicants are screened and assessed according to our Credit Risk policy while providing an exceptional customer experience throughout the process. The role requires a critical mind that is not afraid to get stuck in with the day to day administrative processing. You will need a basic commercial and risk understanding in order to be successful for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Assessing applicant's affordability and credit worthiness through Experian & Credit Kudos
- Analysing and interpreting customer credit profiles
- Performing customer due diligence using specialist software to complete identity verification, PEP & Sanctions checks
- Requesting any outstanding information or documents from customers in order to complete their approval in line with regulations
- Identifying and investigate any unusual activity to prevent fraud
- Every other weekend and evening shifts (normally 1 week of late shifts per month) is required in this role to support our Customer Suport team.
Required skills and experience
- Basic knowledge of AML and KYC procedures
- Experience assessing customer affordability
- Experience conducting data analysis using Excel
- Previous experience in customer due diligence
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Multitasker who can work independently & well under pressure
- Detail-oriented decision maker with an analytical mind
Nice to have/Ideal candidate
- Some experience in a Credit Operations/Analyst or similar position
- Ability to read financial accounts (balance sheet, P+L)
- Proven credit acumen and understanding of effective risk management
- High level of accuracy
- Analytical, judgmental and decision making skills
- Analysis of data from multiple sources to determine key risks and priorities
- Understanding of the nature of chargeback risk preferred
- Enthusiastic, innovative, self motivated and committed to continuous improvement
- Quick at learning and highly productive ensuring work streams are completed quickly and effectively
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to a 5% salary matched pension scheme.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager .
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.